Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
University of Zululand Library Guides
What are EBSCO eBooks?
EBSCO eBooks are online versions of print books that our library has either purchased with a perpetual license or via an annual subscription. eBooks that are owned are available to the library in perpetuity, with provisions being made for long term access and preservation. eBooks available via subscription are renewed annually for the library to retain access. EBSCO eBooks are available from all major academic publishers in virtually all academic disciplines.
How do I find eBooks?
All EBSCO eBooks are available via the library catalog or on the A-Z library database list. If you want to limit your search to only find eBook then use the Refine by: option and select Ebooks. EBSCO eBooks are available in both PDF and EPUB formats.
Save, Print, Email eBook Chapters
Depending on publisher-specified limits, up to 100 pages of an EBSCO eBook can be printed, saved or emailed as a PDF file (per user) from within the eBook viewer to be printed at a later time.
- Some titles may not allow for printing due to individual publisher-specified limits.
- The number of pages may vary depending on individual publisher-specified limits.
- If you have reached your printing limit, the option to print or save eBook pages will be temporarily unavailable.
Why EBSCO eBooks?
EBSCO eBooks offer a number of advantages over their print counterparts. Users can:
- Download titles to mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, Kindle Fires, and Android Devices
- Search within a book for specific words or phrases
- Save, print, or email chapters or sections
- Copy and paste portions of text for easy access during the research process
- Link to books or book chapters for easy reference or social sharing
- Save a list of favorite books to a personal book shelf
- Generate or export citations to bibliographic management tools
- Save notes to a personal folder with an EBSCOhost account
- Navigate between sections or chapters and the index via linking
- Place holds on titles with limited simultaneous user licenses (though most titles are available for unlimited access)