Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
University of Zululand Library Guides
THIEME Atlas of Anatomy: General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System, Second Edition is an ideal educational tool for anyone studying anatomy with a focus on the musculoskeletal system. Each anatomic region is presented in a manner that builds understanding: starting with bones, joints, and muscles, followed by vasculature and innervation, and concluding with topographic illustrations to bring it all together. This atlas begins with a concise overview of development, surface anatomy, anatomic terminology, body systems, and the structure of bones, joints, muscles, and the nerves that innervate them.
- Expanded coverage of tissue structure and development, functional testing, diagnostic imaging, and diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Exquisite full-color illustrations with clear, thorough labeling and descriptive captions
- Innovative, user-friendly format in which each two-page spread is a self-contained guide to a topic
- Hundreds of clinical applications integrated into the anatomic descriptions, emphasizing the vital link between anatomic structure and function
- Summary tables that are ideal for rapid review
- Access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, with over 500 images from the book for "labels-on and labels-off" review and timed self-tests
The THIEME Atlas of Anatomy series also features Neck and Internal Organs and Head and Neuroanatomy.