Reference materials are various sources (e.g. dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, atlases, bibliographies, handbooks, indexes, etc.) that provide background information or quick facts on any given topic.
Reference sources can be general or specialized (available in print and/or electronic formats) and cannot be checked out of the library.
AccessScience is an authoritative and dynamic online resource that contains incisively written, high-quality reference material covering all major scientific disciplines.
An overview of AccessScience
• MORE THAN 8700 ARTICLES covering all major scientific disciplines are continuously reviewed and updated
• 115,000-PLUS DEFINITIONS from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms are built into search results
• HUNDREDS OF BRIEFINGS about relevant concepts in science and technology provide a great starting place for research topic ideas
• 3000 BIOGRAPHIES cover well-known scientific figures
• 19,000-PLUS IMAGES AND ANIMATIONS illustrate key concepts in engaging and meaningful ways
• VIDEO BIOGRAPHIES highlight the life and work of award-winning scientists
• PERSISTENT LINKS TO CITABLE LITERATURE support research assignments through primary sources of information
• INTERACTIVE CITATION GENERATOR saves time and effort when preparing papers
• CURRICULUM MAPS tied to core content can enrich faculty lesson plans
• OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS allows easy, anytime access outside of institutional IP ranges
Video tutorials :